Monday, June 16, 2008

Gwen: New Beginnings

I have been trying to find the right words to post for days now. I think now I have it. I am bowing out of the juice feast. I have come to the conclusion that it is not for me. First, as suspected, I can't really seem to juice "feast" as opposed to juice "fast". I am a faster, and fasting has always been a very personal journey for me, so blogging about it has not been comfortable. Also, part of my fasting journey has been to "mess up" as it were, when under too much stress, or for whatever reason, and begin again. This is what makes it such a personal journey. So, I broke my fast on the evening of the fourth day, and I thought I'd get right back on the next day, but I didn't. However, after two days of eating, I was ready to begin again with greater resolve and motivation. So days 4 and 5 were not days 4 and 5 of the juice feast for me. None of this is surprising to me, it is my usual pattern for fasting. Thus I had uncertainty about doing the juice feast, and lasting that long. I have found, in all that I have tried, that I fast best completely alone, on a very private journey. I think I'd do best hiding in the forest somewhere. So, my new beginning, this next part of my journey, I walk alone. Happy feasting everyone!

No comments: