Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ann: One Juicy Weekend

Hi Y'all!!!

Hope wonderful weekends were had all around.

I've had some juicy weekends before but this one was all cucumber and watermelon related. Bummer.

Ok, so my colon hydrotherapist asked me if I was ready for the emotional ride the Juice Feast would bring. I answered "Heck yeah, bring it on!" and this weekend, some of that showed up for me and I just needed some private time, for some inner reflection. I'm still kinda in that space so instead of detailing out my past days, I thought I'd write about something else.

A couple of folks who started this journey with us have decided for various reasons to break their feasts. Some might think of this feast as either being a success or failure, as being on the wagon or not, on or off, in or out - but often (at least when I have that mindset) - with the "failure", "off the wagon" and "I'm out!" thinking, comes an odd permission to just give it all up and go back to old patterns or perhaps even swing in the other direction. I've done it more times than I care to remember, all because I set high expectations for myself and was disappointed and/or embarrassed when I did not get there.

Instead, think of this as a journey, as an inward spiraling path and your optimal health at the center. You are NOT "off the wagon" but always on the path, spiraling inwards towards your goal. Ok, so might veer off to the right a bit from time (Congrats, you're human!) Just get right back on taking steps inwards and you will get there. So if you've decided not to feast 92 straight, maybe you can feast 92 over the next 125, 150 or 200 days or juice feast one or two meals out of 92. Make this feast your own. Just something to think about.

For those of you still on the feast and getting great results, feeling a-ok and know this is serving you at this time in your life, stay there! It's so easy to give yourself permission to veer when others do. Recognize if this is a pattern in your life and break that pattern here.

Where ever you are in this journey, honor and love yourself for being here.

XOXO,

Ann

No comments: