Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gwendalin: My First Day and Why

Hello everyone! I am very excited to join you on this Juice Feast! I wasn't sure about doing the juice feast until this morning. I have been wanting to do an extended juice fast for quite a while now. However, I have continued to fail to do so. Since I have kept trying, I have done a lot of short fasts. I look forward to being able to fast for longer with the extra support here. We shall see. But knowing that I have never made it to 20 days, I don't know that i will make it 92 days, though I am full of optimism for doing so. :)

I have been wanting to do an extended fast since I did my first two week fast and discovered that this was the answer I was looking for to my chronic health conditions. Even then, it had been my intention to fast for longer, but I only made it two weeks, and it was very difficult, so it took a long time before I got that far again. I have confidence now that I will at least be able to meet my personal fasting goals, and maybe more. :)

Today so far I had grapefruit juice and green juice (arugula, daikon tops and root, cucumber, carrot, and zucchini). Yes, this was very bitter. I am used to all green juices. I even love them. That's what I fasted on before. Only green juices, not even any carrots. I intend to enjoy fruit juices as well this time.

Oh, I keep talking about juice fasting instead of feasting because that was one of my reservations about the juice feasting: I don't think it possible for me to drink such large quantities of juice! Even on a juice fast, I find it difficult to drink more than one sixteen ounce glass of juice a day. To drink 32 ounces is to force myself to drink more when I am not hungry or thirsty. I am satisfied with so much less (I am a small person who doesn't need much to maintain weight and energy). Perhaps I'll drink more now though with the addition of fruit juices.

Thank you Ann, and hello everyone. I'm glad you are all here, doing this with me! :)

No comments: